Wednesday, August 14, 2013

1 year with Syd

I can't believe a year has trickled away since we welcomed our little man Syd into the world.
I never thought becoming a Mum would be quite this wonderful. Despite the occasional difficulties, I look forward to seeing his animated face every morning and melt with every hug and smile. It's definitely changed me. I can still tap into the melancholy beauty of all those 20's anxieties and the 'sads' when I need to but it seems so much safer now - like wearing a snorkel in a big black lake - now that someone else's happiness is priority. It's ironic really. I feel I have grown gentler and more confident as a person. I'm incredibly grateful for everything I have; my health, work and most of all my wonderful family and friends who are all honesty and heart and way too good to me. 


Happy Birthday Bean! xo



2 comments:

Ash LaRose said...

He has the cutest little face I think I've ever seen! What a wonderful little collection of images in your first year of motherhood.

Kat said...

mischievous cherub!